- Workday Benefits training is inclusive of various topics like core benefits configuration (groups, plans, rates, etc.), benefit events setup, enrollment event processing, passive events, evidence of insurability and open enrollment. If you dream of becoming a Workday Functional Consultant with expertise in the fields of Workday HCM and Benefits, then you are in the right place.
Checking Benefit Group Eligibility
The workers' eligibility for a benefit group can impact performance. Workday saves the workers' eligibility status to improve the performance of these checks. Our trainees would learn how to enable persistence with the edit tenant setup - by selecting the use persisted benefit groups check box. Students would be taught how to
run the View Workers with Different Eligible and Persisted Benefit Groups report to determine whether to use the check box at any given time. The topics covered include benefit eligibility rules overview, creating a benefit eligibility rule and creating a benefit plan and edit plan definition.
Costs and Rates
Our students would learn how to define insurance coverage levels separately from insurance rates enables greater flexibility. They would learn to associate a single rate with multiple insurance coverages. They can also create an insurance coverage and associate it with different insurance rates. Other concepts related to costs and rates include setting up insurance costs, manage individual benefit rates, create health care rates, create insurance coverages, create insurance rates, enter individual benefit rates and troubleshooting: incorrect long-term disability insurance rates.
Create Spending Account Plans
Our trainees would learn how to define contribution limits and other details for benefits spending account plans. It would also be taught how to access the create benefit plans task and enter the maximum contribution in the Cap Amount field. The cap amount could be a weekly, a monthly, or a yearly amount. The cap amount applies to both the sum of the employee contribution as well as any employer contributions specified on the create benefit plans task.
Set Up Enrollment Events and Rules
Learners would be acquainted with enrollment period for benefit events. They would learn how to define the benefit enrollment period for a specific type of benefit event. They would also learn to restrict an employee's ability to report that benefit event after the enrollment period has expired. When an employee reports a benefit event using change benefits, Workday uses the days to enroll calculation fields.
Default Coverage and Auto-Enrollment
Learners would learn how to automatically enroll workers into these benefit plans if they don't complete their benefit elections with health care, insurance, retirement savings and additional benefits.
Students would be taught how to create cross plan enrollment prerequisites, cross plan insurance coverage maximums, cross plan insurance percentage maximums
- as well as create cross plan retirement savings plan contribution maximums.
Benefits Open Enrollment on Mobile:
Students would learn about the review of the open enrollment process, security considerations, managing enrollments, close and finalize open enrollments as well as the ability to extend open enrollment. Concepts inclusive of excess credits for HSA as well as employee and employer allocation of retirement savings across multiple providers, would be taught in-depth. Students would also learn how to use Change Benefit Elections when an event occurs that qualifies the employee to change their benefit elections.
- Passive Events
- Learners would be taught to create passive events to manage benefit gains and losses that result from the passage of time rather than from changes to employee data. They would also learn concepts like passive events, enrollment events, creating benefit event type and editing an enrollment event rule.
- Benefits: Coordination of Events
- We ensure that our learners understand the logic behind coordination of events as well as detailing several common scenarios. Concepts like two events, different dates, do not reprocess options and hybrid events would be taught comprehensively.
- Dependents and Beneficiaries:
- Students would learn to identify the type of relationships to make available when adding emergency contacts dependents, beneficiaries as well as trusts.