Workday Configurable Security
Workday configurable security enables you to control the items users can view and the actions they can perform in your tenant. You can determine how you want to group users through security groups. You can specify the items and actions that members of security groups can view and perform through security policies.
Security policies enable you to configure access to groups of items and individual business process actions. By associating security groups with security policies, you can enable members of the security groups to access the secured items and actions. Workday delivers these types of security policies:
• Domain security policies, which secure reports, tasks, and integrations.
• Business process security policies, which secure business processes.
• Automate permission assignments by grouping users based on similar attributes, saving you the effort of setting up permissions individually.
• Manage access to integrations, reports, mobile devices, and IT access using a single security model, making it easier to maintain access at scale.
• Make mass changes to your security configuration as your organization grows.